Building a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it mostly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also produces the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be valuable for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a gym partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are worthwhile gym equipment, but you might be wary of possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!